Wednesday, September 25, 2013

My most requested.....deviled eggs




I've always loved my mama's deviled eggs.  However, after I got married I had to tweak her recipe when I found out Keith didn't like sweet pickles or Bama mayo.  {we always had Bama mayo in the fridge when I was growing up.}  So I switched things up with Kraft mayo and original dills (his preference) and I've been making them that way ever since.

Just like my mama I don't measure ingredients for this recipe.  It's all to taste.  Irritating isn't it?  I get so frustrated sometimes trying to make some of her recipes.  I'm always nagging her to give me measurements!! I did try to come up with something for you to kinda go by though....just to give you an idea.  You should adjust everything to your preference.

The family LOVES them and I never show up at a gathering without them.  It's always requested that I bring them along.  They're always a hit!



Ingredients:

This recipe is for 6 eggs which makes 12 deviled eggs



6 hard boiled eggs
1 tsp mustard
1/4 - 1/2 Vlasic original dill pickle - chopped
1/4 cup Kraft real mayo (I use a little more than that)
salt to taste
pepper to taste
Paprika






Run water till about an inch over your eggs in your pot and bring to a boil.
Let boil 10 - 12 minutes
Drain your water out and cover with cold water.
Gently crack just the end of your eggs.
Let stand till eggs are cool (5 minutes or so)
Crack your egg all the way around.
Hold the egg under cool running water as you peel it. This helps loosen the shell.

Good luck.

Note:  This is the best way I have found that works to peel eggs without destroying them.  It doesn't always work though.  I've tried every method, but with super fresh eggs it's tough to get those shells off!




Scoop your egg yellows into a bowl and add your chopped pickle, mayo, mustard, salt, and pepper.

I always have to adjust my ingredients as I taste test.  You may want it creamier.  I tend to add more mayo.  If so add in more mayo, but go light on the mustard.

~ Salt and pepper to taste ~

Stuff your eggs with as much mixture as you like and sprinkle tops with Paprika.

{for me it HAS to be Kraft mayo and Vlasic original dills or it's not the same.}




2 comments:

  1. I love deviled eggs and will have to try your recipe. Found you on Bloggy Moms and stopping by for a visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And THAT is how you make deviled eggs in the SOUTH! Love it, I am a Louisiana gal and followed from SITS. Looking forward to following you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...