Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Best Sausage Balls Ever!

I don't know why I only make these yummy sausage balls during football season and Christmas.  I just don't think about them the rest of the year.  Shame.  They sure are delicious little bites.  

I've tweaked this recipe to include hot sausage and sharp cheese because I like mine with a little bite to it.  I've also added an ingredient that makes them super moist.  No more dried out sausage balls!!




Ingredients:


1 lb hot sausage
8 oz cream cheese (softened)
1 & 1/4 Bisquick
4 oz sharp shredded cheddar cheese




Combine all your ingredients in a bowl and mix until well blended.  
I take my wedding rings off and use my hands.  




Roll them into 1 inch balls and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 20 minutes at 375* until browned.
and for the love of cheese don't overcook them.




While you're waiting for them to come out of the oven go ahead and decorate for Fall!

annnnnnd.....

If you want a little something sweet and easy to whip up for later try my Quick and Easy Lemon Icebox Pie.  Only four ingredients!!


Happy eating!!




34 comments:

  1. I love how you decorated your mantle! It looks adorable and definitely has me in the mood to decorate for fall now as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1and 1/4 WHAT of Bisquick? Tablespoons? Cups? Boxes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same question. Guess I will have to hunt the recipe elsewhere.

      Delete
    2. really? cups people....and you should be question the amount not the measurement...most recipes call for 2 cups

      Delete
    3. Omg people!! Don’t you people ever cook?!?! Lol !!!

      Delete
  3. boxes, 1 & 1/4 boxes sounds about right...either that or teaspoons

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with April on this one...Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tks so much for sharing so delicious.. I made a double batch & it made about 75 meatballs if that helps anyone with the quantity..

    ReplyDelete
  6. People are bat shit crazy, have you ever even cooked to know it would be cups vs. boxes... really???

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I see I have a question about my recipe. I am sorry. My blog hasn't been active in over three years. Yeah. That would have been cups y'all. Sorry that was omitted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for updating! I would be interested in knowing, how long are they good for? Like to take somewhere. I haven't made these before.

      Delete
  8. I always add milk to my bisquick.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I add 2 tablespoons of dejon mustard

    ReplyDelete
  10. try adding 1 egg to the mix it is delicious

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you roll these into balls one night and bake them the next morning so that they are fresh for an event??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... works fine that way. I do that.

      Delete
    2. I roll them and freeze them on the cookie sheet. Once frozen transfer to a ziplock bag. Sausage balls anytime!!

      Delete
  12. Did anyone make a dip or gravy with these?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can you use whipped creamed cheese?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can anyone tell me how to not burn the bottom of a sausage ball?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. half way through cooking time- turn each ball over.

      Delete
  15. Double up your cookies sheets or use a double walled airbake cookie sheet. That will reduce the burning on the bottom. Also make sure your over is preheated, always!! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Definitely not the best sausage balls. Nothing to write home about!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Add some diced green pepper-1/2 cup, & 1/2 cup of diced onions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you peppers and onions are perfect to add.

      Delete
  18. I put 2 tablespoons of chopped jalapeƱos in mine so so good

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...