Monday, September 9, 2013

Egg White, Ham, and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich

So there's this sandwich that makes me happy.  I eat it almost every morning.  Should I be eating steel cut oats?  Probably.  I do love oatmeal, and no disrespect to the almighty oat but I love me a hearty breakfast sandwich!  It keeps me full till lunch with all the protein and carbs.  It's not the "cleanest" meal but my mouth and tummy ain't caring you guys.

So without further ado.... I present to you.......



   Egg White, Ham, & Cheese on Whole Wheat

2 Egg Whites
1 Slice Sharp Borden's Fat Free Cheese
4 Slices 98% Lean Ham
1 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Thin
Schlotzsky's Moderately Hellacious Hot Sauce

So obviously this doesn't take a rocket scientist to put together, duh, but I'll tell you how I like to make mine.  First things first.  Go out to your chicken coop and swipe an egg out from under a chicken's rear end.

What? That's not how you do it??  Look guys, if I could recommend one thing to y'all it would be to invest in some laying hens.  Ain't nothin' more organic than washing poop off your breakfast!  No added hormones, antibiotics, or crap hen feed, and plenty of room for them to run around.  A healthy chicken is a happy chicken!  Also, nothing, NOTHING, compares to your own eggs.  From color to taste they can't be beat.




See?  Chicks!

So anyways,  I use two eggs whites and just a touch of the yellow to give it some color.  Remember, this is just how I do it.  The yolk has good for you nutrients so unless you're watching your Cholesterol or don't want the added calories cook those bad boys up too if you want.  Whip em' up fluffy and fry.  I use a touch of EVOO spray to coat my pan.

Next, I take either an Arnold's or Nature's Own 100% whole wheat sandwich thin and top each side with the ham and cheese and toss it in the toaster oven for a couple of minutes.  Then, top with your eggs and there ya go! 

Now the most important step.  Schlotzsky's hot sauce!!  Hello you hot thang you!  I drink this stuff like Koolaid y'all.  It totally makes the sandwich for me.

And....in case y'all are wondering..... 214 calories for the whole stinkin' thing. (if you use egg whites only)

Enjoy!

disclaimer

"clean" - NO
gluten free - NO                                 
unprocessed - NO
do I care? 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...