Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Orange Drizzle Pound Cake


                                        


I totally wish my blog had a scratch n sniff.  Y'all have no idea how good my house smells right now.  I have an orange drizzle pound cake in the oven and it's heavenly in here!

I'm a chocoholic.  When I have to choose a dessert at a restaurant it's a sure thing whatever they bring out will have, at the very least, three layers of chocolate in it.  Y'all can keep your Apple Strudels and Brown Betty's.  Give.  Me.  The.  Chocolate.

However, there is one cake I make that will trump my chocolate obsession.  That's how good this is. Next time you're in the mood for a pound cake this is your winner right here!


Ingredients






for the cake:

1 box yellow (or orange) cake mix
3/4 cup orange juice
1/2  cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 tsp lemon extract
1 pkg instant lemon pudding mix



Lightly grease a 10 inch bundt pan and preheat your oven to 325*

Stir cake mix and pudding mix together.



Add your 3/4 cup orange juice, oil, eggs, and lemon extract











Beat on low speed with mixer until blended.  Now beat 4 minutes on medium speed.

Pour into pan.



Bake 50 minutes.
Let cool for 10 minutes.


for the orange drizzle:

1/3 cup orange juice
2/3 cup white sugar
1/4 cup butter


In a sauce pan heat orange juice, sugar, and butter for two minutes until blended well.



Punch holes throughout your cake and drizzle juice over and into cake.




I hope you enjoy this recipe.  It's one of my favorites!!























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...